TUITION AND FEES 2023-2024
Full Academic Year (Sep-Jun): Grades 1-12 $68,100
Includes: Full-day academic instruction, Related Services (Speech, Reading, OT, Counseling), all supplies, binders, lab fees, events, and local trips
PAYMENT IN FULL BY SEPTEMBER 1st RECEIVES 5% DISCOUNT
(No Credit Cards Accepted for Early Payment)
New and returning students are officially registered upon receipt of a signed contract accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of $3,000, which is the first payment of the year's tuition. If the student is enrolled after subsequent payments are due, those payments must be made at the time of enrollment.
The School will accept installment plans for the balance of tuition due. A management fee of $300 is added for this service.
A late payment fee of $75 per month will be charged to accounts overdue 30 days or more.
** No student is permitted to begin School or to continue School if the account is in arrears.
American Express, Visa and MasterCard are accepted for payment of tuition and fees. Personal checks and cash are also accepted.
The school does not offer financial aid or scholarships, but the following tuition assistance information may be helpful. Please note, Vincent Smith School provides these options for informational purposes only and does not specifically endorse these options.
Reimbursement for Placement Made by Parents in a Private School
1. You have the right to a free appropriate public education for your child.
2. If you are the parent of a child who previously received special education programs and/or services through the school district and you place your child in a private school, you are responsible for the cost.
3. However, if you can prove at an impartial hearing or State-level court appeal that the school district did not provide your child with a free appropriate public education in a timely manner prior to that enrollment in private school and that the school you choose is appropriate to meet your child’s educational needs, the school district may be required to reimburse you for the cost of the placement.
4. Your reimbursement may be denied or reduced if you do not:
a) Inform the school district at the most recent CSE or CSPE meeting you attend that you are rejecting the placement proposed by the school district and state your concerns and that you will be placing your child at a private school at public expense, OR
b) Provide the school district with written notice of at least ten business days prior to placing your child in the private school. Note that there are exceptions for special circumstances.
5. If the school gave you written notice prior to your removing your child from public school that it wants to evaluate your child, you must make your child available for the evaluation. If you refuse to make your child available, any request for tuition reimbursement may be reduced or denied.
6. If you do not inform the school district or make your child available for the evaluation, or if there are other unreasonable actions on your part, an impartial hearing officer or court may reduce or deny the reimbursement of costs of the private school for your child.
The University of the State of New York
The State Education Department
Albany, NY 12234
The individuals listed below may be helpful in assisting you in receiving services for your child:
1600 Stewart Ave Suite 603
Westbury, NY 11590
Christina Thivierge/Katharine Giudice
Thivierge & Rothberg PC
22 High Street, Huntington, New York 11743
Phone: 212 397-6360 / 516 280-4449 / 631-629-4656
42 Marian Ln
Jericho, NY 11753
Phone: (516) 822-3397
324 S. 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11211
18-35 Queens Blvd,
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Phone: (718) 261-0181
111 John St., 22nd Fl.
NY, NY 10038
Tel: (212) 732-9450
136 Madison Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, New York 10016
Jennifer M. Frankola
Lewis Johs Avallone Aviles
61 Broadway, Suite 2000
New York, N.Y. 10006
212-233-7195 ext. 13
195 Montague Street, 14th Floor
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201
Tel: (212) 265-7200
Tel: (212) 532-9736
379 West Broadway, NYC 10012
534 Broadhollow Road Suite 275
Melville, NY 11747
Phone: (631) 615-8255
For your convenience, we participate with YourTuitionSolutions.com, which offers various financing plans with flexible terms and budget-friendly options.
Go to https://www1.yourtuitionsolution.com/family and enter Vincent Smith School for interest rates and plans.