The Vincent Smith School is Long Island’s premier, private prep school addressing the academic and emotional needs of students with school anxiety, AD/HD, school avoidance, or learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Auditory and Language Processing Disorders, or in need of occupational therapy.
We teach differently because every child learns differently.
Students are taught in small classes (average 5:1 student-teacher ratio) where teachers are able to truly differentiate instruction.
At Vincent Smith we provide:
- Strong Home/School Connection
- College & Career Counseling
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Small, Supportive Classes
- On-site speech, reading, counseling, and occupational therapy
- More than 85% of our graduates go on to college
- Over 94 years of educational excellence and experience
The Vincent Smith School is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents as an independent, non-profit institution and a member of the New York State Association of Independent Schools. The Vincent Smith School is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
- An individualized, supportive and structured grade 1-12 education for students with learning disorders.
- Academic excellence combined with personal development. Students learn essential social and emotional skills, in an environment that encourages self-awareness, self-discipline and self-advocacy.
- A highly trained and caring faculty that empowers students to set personal and academic goals that will reflect their personal growth and their individual best.