The Vincent Smith School is Long Island’s premier, private prep school addressing the academic and emotional needs of students with learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia and other Auditory and Language Processing Disorders, along with anxiety, school avoidance, and AD/HD.
We teach differently because every child learns differently.
Students are taught in small classes (average 5:1 student-teacher ratio) where teachers are able to truly differentiate instruction.
At Vincent Smith we provide:
- Full NY State diploma curriculum
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Small, Supportive Classes
- On-site speech, reading, counseling, and occupational therapy
- Strong Home/School Connection
- Vocational and Life Skills program (VEEP)
- More than 85% of our graduates go on to college
- Over 94 years of educational excellence and experience
The Vincent Smith School is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents as an independent, non-profit institution and a member of the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS). The Vincent Smith School is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
- An individualized, research-based education for students in grades 1-12 with learning disorders.
- Academic excellence combined with personal development. Students learn essential social and emotional skills, in an environment that encourages self-awareness, self-discipline and self-advocacy.
- A highly-trained, caring, special education faculty that supports and empowers students to set personal and academic goals.