The Vincent Smith School is Long Island’s premier, non-profit prep school that specializes in the academic needs of students with learning difficulties such as Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia and other Auditory and Language Processing Disorders, along with anxiety, school avoidance, and AD/HD.
We teach differently because every child learns differently. Vincent Smith is located just minutes from the Queens/Nassau line, drawing students from Long Island and all over New York City.
Students are taught in small classes (average 5:1 student-teacher ratio) where teachers are able to truly differentiate instruction.
At Vincent Smith we provide:
- Full NY State diploma curriculum
- Small, Supportive Classes
- On-site speech, reading, counseling, and occupational therapy
- Strong Home/School Connection
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Vocational and Life Skills program (VEEP)
- More than 85% of our graduates go on to college
- Strong music and art programs
- Over 95 years of educational excellence and experience
The Vincent Smith School is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents as an independent, not-for-profit institution and is a member of the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS). The Vincent Smith School is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
- An individualized, research-based education for students in grades 1-12 with learning disorders.
- Academic excellence combined with personal development. Students learn essential social and emotional skills, in an environment that encourages self-awareness, self-discipline and self-advocacy.
- A highly-trained, caring, special education faculty that supports and empowers students to set personal and academic goals.