The Vincent Smith School is Long Island’s premier, non-profit day school addressing the needs of students with AD/HD, school avoidance, or learning disabilities such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Auditory Processing Disorders, Language (Expressive/Receptive) Processing Disorders, and anxiety disorders.
We take pride in being a school where it's okay to learn differently.
Students are taught in small classes where teachers are able to truly differentiate instruction.
At Vincent Smith we provide:
- Academic Excellence
- Strong Home/School Connection
- College & Career Counseling
- Social Emotional Learning
- Small, Supportive Classes
- On-site speech, reading, counseling, and occupational therapy
- More than 85% of our graduates go on to college
- Over 94 years of educational excellence and experience
The Vincent Smith School is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents as an independent, non-profit institution and a member of the New York State Association of Independent Schools. The Vincent Smith School is open to all without regard to race, creed, or national origin.
- An individualized, supportive and structured 1-12 education for students with learning disorders.
- Academic excellence combined with personal development. Students learn essential social and emotional skills, in an environment that encourages self-awareness, self-discipline and self-advocacy.
- A highly trained and caring faculty that empowers students to set personal and academic goals that will reflect their personal growth and their individual best.